So your favourite patio installation experts are getting super creative this Easter holidays. We’re bringing out our inner artsy and crafty selves and sharing some amazing DIY Easter Inspired Patio Decoration projects with you. With these DIY decorations, you can transform your patio area and spend quality time with your kids by getting them involved.
Easter Inspired Garland
So this DIY project is pretty simple. All you’ll need is:
- Some colour card paper
- Pair of scissors.
- Firstly you’re going to cut out Easter egg shapes from the colour paper and then make a tiny hole at the top of every egg.
- Once done, put the string through each egg and then hang the garland. You can make more than one garland by using more colour card paper and string.
To get your kids even more involved, have them colour in these printable Easter eggs from our other Easter inspired blog post and use them to make the garland. They will love seeing their own work as decorations.
Easter Inspired Piñata
This one is a little craftier and will require more adult supervision. Note that you should make this the night before so that it can dry out properly. You’ll need:
- 5 or more balloons (small balloons are best)
- Assorted colours tissue paper
- Pair of scissors
- Ribbon or string
- So firstly you’ll need to inflate the balloons to a size between small and medium. Then tie the balloons with a ribbon or string.
- The next step would be to prepare the paper maché by mixing 1 cup of water and 1 cup of flour into a bowl. Tear newspaper into tiny pieces and soak them into the mixture.
- Once soaked, layer them onto the balloon covering every part as close to the knot at the bottom of the balloon.
- Let the balloons hang to dry out the paper maché. Add another layer around the balloon and let them hang overnight to dry out completely.
- Once dry poke a hole near the knot of the balloon to deflate it and then remove from your piñata. Start cutting your tissue paper into a fringe and then attach it with some glue to your Easter egg piñata. You can use different colours to create a pattern.
- Fill with some miniature treats and hang with ribbon in your patio area.
Easter Inspired Mason Jars
This idea is for decorative purposes but can also be filled with yummy treats and be given to guests who you’ll be entertaining this Easter holidays. You will require:
- Mason jars with lids
- Pastel colour paint (different colours)
- Glitter & Glue
- Tissue paper
- String or ribbon
- First, make sure mason jars are washed clean as you might consider filling them with treats once this project is completed.
- Paint jars with a base coat (colour of your choice). Let them dry overnight.
- Once dry use pencil to draw patterns on mason jars. You could draw little egg shapes or border patterns. Use colour paint of your choice to fill in these patterns. Let this dry overnight again.
- Once dry you could use glue and glitter to add a sparkle to your Easter inspired mason jars.
- When the glitter dries, add treats of your choice (speckled eggs works well) and close with lid. Fold over a piece of tissue paper over the lid and tie a string or piece of ribbon around the nape of the lid.
- Place onto the patio table and give to guests as an Easter gift.